Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Yard of the Month!

I won Yard of the Month for my neighborhood. To prepare for the honor, I cleaned up the front a bit, primarily focusing on the edging of the garden beds to create nicer, neater lines. I'm going to work on edging the backyard flower beds next. I planted gulf muhly grass in the mulched areas between the agave and the blue mistflower bushes. It's taken a while for them to get comfy in the spot, but I'm hoping in a year or so they will fully root and flourish there. I've tried gulf muhly a couple of different places, but I've struggled with them for some reason - maybe not enough drainage, or water, or sun. We'll see which ones end up doing the best.
The Gregg's mistflower is really starting to fill in nicely around the pecan tree. Another season or so and I bet the whole ring will be filled in. I can't wait for all the monarchs and queens to visit in the fall.



1 comment: